New Worker Relocation Grant Program (2020)
The New Worker Relocation Grant Program was signed into law to encourage workers to move to Vermont to work for Vermont companies.
NEW WORKER RELOCATION PROGRAM DEFINITION
The criteria outlined below will be used to determine eligibility for the New Worker Relocation Grant Program. Applicants must meet all criteria to be eligible.
An eligible applicant is someone who, on or after January 1, 2020
- Relocated to Vermont and became a full-time resident; and
- Became a full-time employee of a Vermont business; and
- Incurred qualified expenses; and
- Is employed in an occupation identified by the Vermont Department of Labor in its 2016–2026 Long Term Occupational Projections; and
- The wage for the position meets the minimum wage requirement.
Learn more about the program’s outcomes in the New Worker Relocation Grant Program Annual Report.
Remote Worker Grant Program (2019)
The Remote Worker Grant Program was created by the Vermont Legislature to encourage professionals who perform the majority of their employment duties remotely from a home office or co-working space to relocate to Vermont.
REMOTE WORKER PROGRAM DEFINITION
The criteria outlined below determined eligibility for the Remote Worker Grant Program. Applicants must meet all criteria to be eligible.
- New remote worker must be an individual who is a full-time employee as defined by the employer and who receives a W-2 from their employer.
- New remote worker must become a full-time resident of Vermont on or after January 1, 2019.
- New remote worker must perform the majority of their employment duties remotely from a home office or co-working space in Vermont.
- New remote worker must have incurred qualifying remote worker expenses. “Qualifying Remote Worker Expenses” is defined as actual costs a new remote worker incurred for relocation to Vermont and/or one or more of the following that are necessary to perform their employment duties that are not already reimbursed by the employer: computer software or hardware, broadband access or upgrade, membership in a co-working or similar space.
- New remote workers may be eligible to receive a reimbursement grant upon receipt by the Agency of Commerce and Community Development of the Remote Worker Grant Program application with documentation supporting the qualifying expenses and proof of residency. Applications must be received complete and error free to be eligible.